This is an extra, but exciting post. Our blog has been nominated for a Liebster Award (which auto corrects to “Lobster Award.”) Thank you Jen at Practical by Default for the nomination! I feel very honored and humbled.
Liebster Award Rules
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Display the Liebster Award on your blog
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
Copy the rules into your post.
Here are our 11 Random Facts:
- Lori is a vegan. Hannah Ruth is not.
- Hannah Ruth was adopted from China.
- Lori has three children ages 25, 23, and 10 (Hannah Ruth.)
- Lori is learning more from having a blog than teaching others.
- Lori has been a storyteller for about 20 years, but has never written down the stories she tells. (They swim in my head.)
- Lori has been married to the best husband ever for nearly 29 years.
- Lori loves to bake bread.
- Hannah Ruth loves to eat bread.
- Lori was once a public speaking teacher and a speech/debate coach.
- Hannah Ruth hopes to visit the lower 48 states before she graduates.
- Hannah Ruth wants to open a bakery when she becomes older.
Answers to the 11 Questions
- What language would you love to learn? Mandarin Chinese
- Would you prefer to read, watch or be told how to do something? I like to think read, but the older I get, I find it easier to watch.
- What’s your favorite hobby? Baking bread
- What’s your dream job? Being a nutrition coach
- Dog or cat? Dog, definitely dog.
- The name of the teacher that influenced you the most? Mrs. Janet Fittro
- Book or Movie? Book then movie
- Why did you start blogging? As a creative outlet for me and for my daughter.
- Cook or bake or eat? Bake (see Question 3) Cooking is a close second.
- What are you is your best “I did it!” moment? Making a banana bread vegan, oil and sugar free that still tastes great.
- Blogging what do you love/hate doing? I would love more “extras” on our blog, but I hate the time it takes to figure them out.
11 Questions for my nominees
- Are you a night owl or early bird?
- What musical instrument do you wish you could play?
- What three words best describe you?
- If you could do anything as your occupation and you would be guaranteed to be successful, what would you do?
- Coffee or tea?
- To which literary character do you most relate?
- What was your favorite class in school?
- Which country would you most like to visit?
- Why did you decide to write a blog?
- What was your happiest moment?
- What do you wish you had known before you started blogging?
My nominees (in no particular order)